Rapid Testing of Microorganism Detection
Neogen Corporation develops and markets testing solutions and monitoring systems for food safety.
Neogen Corporation has been a leading provider of a sanitation monitoring system by ATP since 1996
Why do we use ATP?
ATP is the energy molecule we find in all living beings.
Bacteria, fungi and yeast, as well as food residues contain ATP.
Even a minimum amount of ATP found on a surface involves cleaning that surface.
- Adenosine triphosphate (ATP) is a triphosphate nucleoside used in cells as a coenzyme and is frequently referred to in cells as a “molecular monetary unit”.
- Found in residual products of bacteria, yeast & fungi.
- ATP + Luciferin/Luciferase = Luminous Sign.
- The light signal is read by a Luminous Unit/Relative Light reader (ULR’s).
- The higher the reading, the dirtier the surface sampled.
- Luciferin produces light and luciferase allows the light production reaction to take place (catalysis).
- Luciferase allows ATP and oxygen to combine with luciferin resulting in the production of light photons.